Tuesday, April 24, 2007

On Bourbon, Again

I will return to cane rod making shortly. At the moment I am on the road, a few days without the responsibilities of child rearing. This means I can review some more bourbons. Almost all of these that I will discuss are bourbons I've drunk before, but have never before taken the time to try to discuss in detail.

This evening's libation was the venerable Knob Creek. I must have had my first Knob Creek 15 or 20 years ago. I've drunk a glass now and then on many occasions, and I've gotten drunk on a few too many glasses on one or two occasions. I've concluded this Knob Creek will ned a few more tastes over the next couple of days.

For now, I have to describe it as a dry, oaky bourbon. None of the sweet tones I find in the Woodford, but certainly none of the harshness of a Beam or a Tennessee sour mash. More to follow.

No comments: